Monday, May 16, 2005

Art Marker Madness


Gulf Coast Abstract art markers 14" x 17"


When living along the Gulf Coast in Texas and Louisiana, I did a lot of drawings with art markers. This is not a medium that I would highly recomend, unless you use the water soluble variety. The only problem here, is that the water soluble markers are not permanent and consequently they will not last. If you use the alcohol based ones, then the fumes might
get to you, so you are probably better off painting or using oil pastels.

Still there is a mechanical quality to the markers that can lead to some very inventive results.
They are good for use with other media, and also good for applying an even color. Their immediancy can be a desired characteristic as well.

The reason I showed these though was to give an idea as to what I was up to with my artistic endeavors before my arrival in New Mexico. At first glance there probably is no connection whatsoever between this painting and the two previous landscapes. However, I feel there is an underlying sense of color and complexity of composition that is carried over into the landscapes.


Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home